Spring 2020 Newsletter
“When your children ask you, in time to come, ‘What do these stones mean to you?’ then you can tell them that…these stones shall be to the people of Israel a memorial forever.” Joshua 4:6-7 ESV
In earlier days, God instructed His people to build stone memorials at locations where He made Himself known to them in life-giving ways. These memorials would serve as a reminder of His faithfulness. Later God told His people that those who made Him Lord of their lives, through repentance and faith in Christ, would be temples (living memorials) of the Holy Spirit, thus representing Him to a lost and dying world. Over the past 40 years, God has been building Fresh Start For All Nations “stone by stone” (person by person) into a ministry that today is spreading the message of Grace and Truth, Hope and Forgiveness locally, nationally and across the world.
Fresh Start’s legacy had its beginning in biblical counseling at Trinity Church (Omaha, NE) through Pastor Steve and Mindy in the early 1980’s. As their counseling ministry expanded over the years, God gave Pastor Steve and Mindy revelation that true forgiveness was the key to healing broken lives. As God continued to speak to them, the ministry increasingly focused on helping men, women and young people to be free from the effects of offense, hurt and loss through the power of forgiveness and freedom in Jesus Christ. In 2007, Fresh Start For All Nations was launched to help people understand that when they are forgiven and forgiving, they can be free to be the people they were created to be… and then they can give away that same life-giving message of forgiveness to others!
From the beginning, Pastor Steve and Mindy’s goal has been to develop leaders to partner with them in growing the Fresh Start ministry. So also, hundreds of partners like you have been “living stones” in the ongoing building of Fresh Start’s legacy through your generous support.
We are grateful for your past support and hopeful for your ongoing willingness to be “living stones” in this way. We ask that you prayerfully consider how you can continue to share your talents and gifts to provide a Fresh Start for those imprisoned by the debilitating effects of offense, hurt or loss. Your stewardship will allow others to be Forgiven, Forgiving and Free!
God bless you, and thank you for prayerfully considering “living a legacy” in this significant way.
Your financial support is a strategic investment in seeing Fresh Start’s mission fulfilled through resource translation, production and distribution, trips, seminars and leadership development.
Thank you for your generous support!
Fresh Start For All Nations is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit ministry.
Save the Date
Celebration Banquet – POSTPONED. Future date TBA
Fresh Start Classic 2020 – July 27*
*Pending coronavirus developments
Fresh Start in Guatemala:
Fresh Start Marietta was asked by North Metro Church (a local Marietta Church) and Orphan Prevention Community (OPC) in Panajachel Guatemala to take a Fresh Start (FS) team to Guatemala.
The goal was:
- To evaluate how future FS teams could facilitate helping single women with children gain freedom by learning the FS process of how to forgive those who have hurt or abandoned them.
After the seminar was completed, the feedback was incredible. Please see below:
- At first the participants were guarded, reluctant to acknowledge or share there was any unforgiveness toward anyone.
- As the FS team began to share how they had been wounded, hearts of the pastors and local church leaders began to open.
- As they participated in various skits, their hearts began to soften. There was laughter and fun, while hearing and seeing the gospel of forgiveness and how it applied to their lives.
- By the end of the seminar, every participant was blessed and expressed how grateful they were that they processed people who had wounded them.
- Three of the pastors said they were going to take the FS process to their churches.
- OPC and the pastors have invited more FS teams to come and train their communities. They also want to be trained to use the children’s version of Fresh Start, “Is Your Heart a Happy Heart?” in Spanish.
In summary, this was a very successful FS gathering. The leaders in attendance humbled themselves and became free from long time wounds. FS leaders also provided insights on how they can share the benefits of FS with those to whom they minister and serve in their communities.
We are grateful that North Metro Church funded the trip, and they have indicated they will continue to support FS’s involvement with the OPC community well into the future. It was a blessing to be able to share the FS message so others can be Forgiven, Forgiving and Free!